eZee Kinetic E-bikes
eZee Kinetic is an international electric bicycle brand with distribution throughout the world with a long history in New Zealand. Established in 2001, it is known for its uncompromising attention to what makes an electric bicycle wonderful for the person who matters most – the rider! In the face of fashions and fads and many other design considerations it has always put the customer first. The result? eZee Kinetic has:
- The largest capacity batteries. 36V 19Ah (684Wh) as standard or choose the 36V 28Ah (1000Wh) super long range battery! Perfect for hilly Auckland commutes or enjoying NZ’s rail trails!
- The best hill climbing performance, hands down. And that’s what an electric bicycle is for!
- The most user-friendly frames and features, such as step-through frames, AXA wheel locks for quick security, internal hub gears, double-leg kickstands and more
- The most robust components. Nobody wants a puncture, but eZee is the only brand in New Zealand to provide as standard the undisputed most puncture-proof tyre in the world, the Schwalbe Marathon Plus.
- Spare parts availability built into the design and backed up by comprehensive stock holdings. We can provide tech support in Auckland and around NZ, repairs, replacement batteries and spare parts for every single eZeebike that has ever rolled out of their factory. Many brands cannot provide parts for bikes sold last year!
- The widest range of models, with truly a bicycle for everyone, from the timeless city commuting workhorse the eZee Sprint 7L that has been chosen by 6 councils in New Zealand, to the phenomenon that is the eZee Expedir electric cargo bicycle that has been liberating families in Auckland and around the world from daily use of their cars.
- Our recommendation as best electric bicycle for commercial use due to their robustness and dependability.
eZee Kinetic was established and run by Wai Won Ching, a Singaporean man of the world who has spent the last 2 decades in China. He lives at the eZee factory in Shanghai where he is involved in the hands-on design and manufacture of all of the models. eZee is its own manufacturer and does not have to take its designs to other factories for production. This allows complete control over quality and the ability to pick and choose which parts it uses. Most electric bicycle factories have enormous production numbers, producing bikes for many different companies. eZee’s annual production is comparatively very small, which means their electric bicycles are hand built, with their staff working in teams around each phase of the assembly, rather than each person performing only one very small task on a conveyor belt production line. Wai Won Ching is constantly travelling the world keeping abreast of the latest technology and seeing how cities across the globe are taking up electric bicycles. He has tested his electric bicycles extensively on adventures across Africa, the entire Silk Road and accompanying us on a 6000km trip from Perth to Sydney in 2013. An unforgettable character with fierce determination, strong work ethic and great humour, he has every reason to be proud of his pioneering work in the global electric bicycle industry and the world-beating e-bikes his company continues to produce.
We have a long history collaborating with eZee Kinetic. I have had the honour of importing and distributing eZee electric bicycles throughout Australia since 2010 and my shop Glow Worm Bicycles in Sydney continues this work. Both my parents (and most of the rest of our family) own eZees and my partner and I ride them daily ourselves with our son on board. As the Australian distributor we had several opportunities to work cooperatively with Jace Hobbs of the Electric Bike Hub in Nelson, the importer of eZee Kinetic in New Zealand. On one of many memorable visits, Jace loaned us extra batteries so that we could ride an eZee Kinetic Torq Alfine and a Sprint from Nelson to Christchurch via the Lewis Pass! Upon relocating to Auckland in 2015, Jace immediately sent up a range of eZee Kinetic models for me to demonstrate to the public from my garage. This generous support helped me to hit the ground running and when we opened our premises at 29 East Street Auckland, the spirit of cooperation bloomed into a distribution arrangement for parts of the North Island to make sure that eZee Kinetic is better represented than ever with more stock, faster turnaround times and more energy. To be involved with eZee is to be part of a clan, whether you’re Wai Won Ching himself, a national distributor, local re-seller or most importantly – a proud owner! We welcome you to join us!
We hold the entire range of eZee Kinetic electric bicycles in our store in Auckland and we distribute from here to Mobility Solutions in Tauranga and Velo Espresso in Hamilton. We can repair or service or trade-in any older models for existing customers. eZee Kinetic is our brand of recommendation for commercial use for city councils, corporate offices, delivery services and more. We welcome you to come and view our range of models. For full model specification please refer to http://electricbikehub.co.nz/product-category/bikes/